The Vulkan Fight Company was established in 2002 with a focus on Jiu-Jitsu gear products. Since then, they have made their name as a producer of solid, durable, and lightweight Jiu-Jitsu uniforms (GI) that provide their users with comfortable and competition-like use. The Vulkan Fight Company’s mission states that they genuinely care more about their customers beyond just profit. A lot of top distributors carry their brand and they also ship worldwide.
Also Read: This informative roundup of the top bjj gis
Table of Content
Best Vulkan GI
With a make that is uniquely Vulkan design, this BJJ Gi Vulkan is made from strongly made honeycomb weaved fabric and a rubberized lapel. True to the brand’s pride, this is one of the most lightweight Jiu-Jitsu gi that is out there on the market, even lighter than its own sibling, the Pro Light. You don’t have to worry about the material shrinking too much in the wash as they have gone ahead and pre-shrunk the GI material to keep it from shrinking on you more like most clothes will when you first wash them. This is also field-tested and IBJJF approved to guarantee its claims.
Why It’s So Popular:
- Weighs as low as 2.6 lbs
- Light and breathable fabric
- GI made from strong, durable, quality material of honeycomb weaved fabric that is unique to the brand
- Dries faster
- Rubberized lapel dries quickly and prevents bacteria build-up
- Made from pre-shrunk material
- IBJJF approved
- Great for training in hot environments and for use on hot summer days
- Excellent fi
Keep In Mind:
- Vulkan belts are sold separately
- A bit pricey because of the guaranteed quality
- Your gi size may be different than the standard size of other brands due to the pre-shrunk quality of the brand
- Sleeves and material become stretchy and ill-fitting when they are damp or wet, which can pose a problem when you sweat during training or competition
- The rubberized lapel is not as stiff as standard lapels, which provides comfort for the wearer but does less for protecting against chokes
- Non-standard pants adjustment
The Vulkan Pro Light is also made from the same material as the Ultra Light: honeycomb weaved fabric and a rubberized lapel. This Vulkan sets the brand apart from their competitors in the market who use single, double, gold, pearl, or other types of weaves.
The durable fabric is the reason why it is lightweight while maintaining its soft and supple texture. The rubberized lapel prevents bacteria growth as it dries faster. Similar to the Vulkan Ultra-Light, the material has been pre-shrunk so you don’t have to worry about it shrinking when you wash it.
Why It’s So Popular:
- Weighs as low as 2.8 lbs
- Lightweight gi material makes it supple and breathable
- Perfect for competitions and hot days of training
- Dries quickly after washing
- Rubberized lapel prevents bacteria growth
- Pre-shrunk material guarantees that it will not shrink when you wash it
- Comfortable fit
- Soft material remains durable
Keep In Mind:
- GI belt sold separately
- The lapels are of medium stiffness as compared to the standard stiffness of others
- Comfort can come at the price of not being able to provide similar support and protection than others, but it remains flexible
- A bit pricey due to the guaranteed quality that it provides
Difference Between the Two:
While for the most part, these two Vulkan GIs are similar in make and every other aspect, the Ultra Light and PRO Light designs of Vulkan GI vary mainly in the lightness. The Vulkan Ultra Light BJJ is designed to be much lighter than PRO Light, weighing as low as 2.6 lbs. This is in contrast to Vulkan PRO Light’s 2.8 lbs.
First, this makes the Ultra Light GI much more beneficial in hot training or competition environments, but the PRO Light’s quality is closer to the standard BJJ GI for competitions and everyday training sessions.
Another slight difference is the problem of the GI sleeves and the whole GI outfit becoming misshapen and stretchy when it gets damp with sweat or wet from the wash, which is a predominant problem in the Ultra-Light design. While this problem also exists in the PRO Light design, it does not affect the wearer’s movements quite as much.
As for price, the Ultra Light GI is just a bit less pricey than the PRO Light. Otherwise, though, both are a bit expensive as compared to their other GI counterparts due to the unique design and materials used. But in the end, it’s worth the cost because of the quality that they provide. That being said, these GI are not the most expensive ones on the market.
Other Vulkan GIs to consider
While the Vulkan Pro Light GI and the Vulkan Ultra Light GI are the lightest in their line of Jiu-Jitsu Gi and kimonos, they do offer other Jiu-Jistu gi products that can be found on their site and from distributors online. While all maintain the lightweight standards, they do offer a more eco-friendly GI for those who are mindful of the environment like Vulkan is.
Vulkan Pro ECO Training BJJ Gi Kimonos
Vulkan cares greatly about their customers and the environment, which is why they produced their lightweight, dye, and chemical-free alternative BJJ kimono and training gi. These training kimonos are made from 100% pure, raw cotton that is additive and dye-free, keeping a crisp and professional design. This BJJ gi is great for everyday training use or in competitions, as it is still lightweight and comfortable to wear.
Vulkan offers the ECO BJJ kimono gi as an alternative for helping to preserve the planet. These kimonos are comfortable to wear and move around in during Jui-Jitsu training or competitions. This BJJ GI has only 2 logos, located on the arms of the jacket, maintaining a clean and simplistic look.
Why It’s So Popular:
- Super lightweight design
- 100% Raw Cotton
- No additives make it great for sensitive skin
- Perfect for BJJ training sessions and Competitions
- Durable and comfortable GI
- Simplistic design
- Eco-friendly and has no added chemicals
Keep In Mind:
- This Vulkan BJJ Gi only comes in white
- Currently only available in the Kids section of Vulkan’s site
- Vulkan BJJ belts sold separately
- Not pre-shrunk material
Vulkan GI balances comfort, style, and durability in its unique designs and high-quality materials. Choose one that is the best fit for your training environment and sport style. Get the Vulkan Jiu-Jitsu GI that fits your body type as this can drastically affect your performance in your sport. Whether you choose the Ultra Light, the PRO Light, or even the Pro ECO you can be sure that Vulkan will provide you with lightweight kimonos that are specially designed for your own comfort.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (also known as BJJ) is a rewarding sport that builds physical and mental strength and promotes a healthier lifestyle. Vulkan strives to provide the quality gear you need to succeed whether you compete in Jiu-Jitsu or have found it to be rewarding and stimulating for your mind and body. Their BJJ kimonos are top-quality and Vulkan is one of the first to create a lightweight BJJ gi that is affordable for everyone to purchase.