Bowflex PR1000 Review
An Introduction to the Bowflex Brand
Have you been trying to find time to hit the gym? Have you been trying to lose weight? Have you been trying to increase your endurance and fitness levels? Are you someone whose work occupies a major chunk of your day and leaves little time for anything else? If the answer to all these questions is a ‘Yes’, then you need not look any further. Well known for its series of fitness equipments, the Bowflex series guarantees to give you the most effective full body workout in 14 minutes. You heard that right, 14 minutes.
Started in 1986, the Bowflex brand is well known in the fitness circles for a range of its products from activity trackers, cardio machines, and adjustable dumbbells to compact home gyms. What’s great is that their equipments are made to target specific muscle groups while enhancing longevity through ergonomic design. Their motto is to give the customer a holistic fitness experience in minimum time with great results. So much for just 14 minutes of your time in a day, it’s actually amazing.
The Bowflex PR1000 home gym is perfect for strength training but can also be used to add cardio training to your regime. There are 30 different exercises that target the entire body. The gym uses Bowflex’s patented resistance rod technology that gives you an effective workout, without becoming boring. If it is your first time using resistance rods, be prepared to discover new muscles you never knew you had! With up to 210 pounds of Power Rod resistance, this versatile machine helps work the abs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, and lower body.
Features and Specs
The introduction in the above paragraph certainly makes it clear that this beauty packs a punch. So let’s delve deeper to understand the features and specs that the Bowflex PR 1000 has gauge if it’s worth your money.
- It allows you to exercise over 30 strength variations, and with a built-in rowing station, it adds a great element of cardiovascular training as well
- There are different levels of hand grips and ankle cuffs to choose from when working out to add to the flexibility and difficulty levels as you progress
- The PR 1000 has a workout placard that helps you know the type of workout you are engaging in.
- The equipment is easily foldable and saves space so it can conveniently tucked away in a corner, when not in use
- It allows a user weight of up to 300 pounds to easily use the machine which is incredible
- Check here for more features and details
Why It’s So Popular
The Bowflex PR 1000 is like Superman for the beginners and the intermediates alike. Online reviews certainly help boost the popularity but reviews too come after performance. So it would be worth looking at why the PR 1000 is a celebrity here.
- The major advantage here is that it is great on space and takes up as little a space as can be imagined for any decent fitness equipment.
- The PR 1000 with its ability to offer more than 30 variations becomes a one stop shop for all the fitness needs of a user.
- The power rods not only adjust the resistance and range of motion of the crossbow but also add to the strength and flexibility of the user.
- More than anything else, this is one of the best 360 degree fitness options that are easy on your wallet too. So there’s absolutely no need to pay for gyms and fitness trainers.
Even Superman is affected by kryptonite. So while we have adored the Bowflex PR 1000 for what it can do, it’d be a good idea to have a look at its limitations as well.
- The maximum user weight it can support is only 300 pounds and cannot be upgraded beyond that
- The cables have to constantly changed from one exercise to another as the resistance offered differs
- Range of motion for certain exercises like chest, curls, etc are a little less than expected
- While it does have an option of targeting over 30 variations, the hamstring variation seems to have been left out of the fray with nothing there.
Setting It Up
When you buy the Bowflex PR 1000, it is accompanied by a detailed instruction manual that guides you in an easy way. On most occasions, it shouldn’t take you more than an hour to set up the machine. The PR 1000’s dimensions are 84”x38”x81” but you’d obviously have to plan for a larger space because the resistance rods bow outwards when working out. Once you are done with it, you can easily fold up the PR 1000 and save more space.
Overall, this is great option for people who are pressed for time or beginners who are trying to look good before they move into the gym for more advanced workouts. The Bowflex PR 1000 certainly stands out in terms of price, exercise options offered, durability, and ease of use. For those looking for a well balanced workout, you don’t have to look beyond the PR 1000. We hope this review has helped you in understanding your choice of buy. Check out more about other people's experience with the PR1000.